W5r2

We'll I've just finished run 2 of week 5 was dreading run two but not I'm really worried for run 3 I know it's all mind over matter but it's the knowing il be running or trying to run non stop for 20 minutes. I did nottice that after my 1st 8 min run I felt I could keep running for longer but after the 2nd run the last 4 minutes really took it out of me. I stated road running from week 2 I think as was doing it in the gym before so I'm thinking of doing the 20 min in the gym as where I live is not the flattest place to run ๐Ÿƒ

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hello!

My advice is to take your time on your 20minute run. The program really has equipped you to deal with running for this length of time - just take it nice and easy. Try to run on as flat a terrain as possible, there's no point in making it harder for yourself! Just think, a few weeks ago the thought of a 90second run was terrifying, now you can do that no sweat. You are ready for this :-)

• I know there is real difference in the feel from treadmill to outside

It really is more a mental challenge to complete the 20 min run and you are more than capable physically of doing it , that is how the program works :)

Try and keep a slow steady pace from the start you will surprise yourself at what you can do :)

• You're at the point of not believing but Laura really does know best. You're ready and you can do this....don't overthink the 20 minutes.....just run them. You'll be fine.

• Slow, steady and just follow Laura.. you are ready for this...

Outside is good... hills.. well, they are just roads sloping upwards.. slow and really, really, steady..if I can do it.. then I am sure you can!!! ( I am the Grey snail... but I got there) :)

You may also like...