Low temperature or toast?

Was it the low temperature or the toast?

Last couple of winters I find I run faster when the temperature is low, this morning was the coldest I had been out in this year but I also had a slice of toast before my run, I normally don't eat anything. So when I ran a personal best of 25m 50s for 5km today, 1m 17s better than my previous PB, I don't know if its the low temperature or the toast. ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿƒ

12 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Whatever it was it worked pretty well!

• Think it's because you need to run faster to keep warm, lol, I just had a couple of rich tea biscuits & a cuppa a few hours before I ran.

Was really brass monkey's on Saturday when I did Parkrun, and I also got a PB over all my previous Parkruns..๐Ÿ˜Š

• That's a huge "slice" off your PB - well done. You sound similar pace to me - I'm down to 23:31 now from 26:20 last summer.

Get some more toast down you! :-)

• I reckon the toast! I can't run without a bit of breakfast! Excellent new PB!๐Ÿ˜Š

• That's a fantastic time! This is my 2nd winter of runinng & I definitely get on better in the colder weather. The air is much clearer. I love the summer but running wise it's autumn & winter all the way for me.

• Wow ! That is an amazing time !

Well done !

Toast - The breakfast of racing snakes ! :-) xxx

• I love your expression of racing snakes, makes me smile everytime. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Ha ha ! :-) Well you ARE a proper racing snake y'know ! :-) xxx

• Good question :) well done on the new PB

• Great new Toast-fuelled PB!! *Ancient a Mum dashes off to make toast* :(

• You'd have to try toast on a warmer day to be sure which it was?! But great PB

• I have a niece who is a good runner been in several marathons and she tells me she always runs quicker when the temperature is lower. So I think its that but I may stay with the toast as well.

You may also like...