I've not given up

So week 1 run 1 and run 2 were not good. The reason I've not posted about run 3 is not that I have given up, just that I'm full of cold and can't breathe properly standing still at the moment. I will go back to it and will try alternating walking with brisk walking to see if that will avoid the leg pain, even if I have to do that for a couple of weeks before starting to jog it is still better than sitting on the couch.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Illness sucks and really gets in the way but ... you have to recover properly though then get back on the horse as you said. A couple of weeks brisk walking then power walking sounds good to get the joints used to moving at pace but you're right, any activity is better than none so get well soon, get walking then start with confidence in yourself. You CAN do this :-)

• Hope you feel better soon.x keep warm

• You're right, any exercise is better than none. Make sure you feel 100% better before you try again so you don't get demotivated. Get well soon :) Kate

• It's really great to get back out there. Don't forget to pause the warm up to have a bit of a stretch, it will really help with aches and pains. Above all, keep at it!

You may also like...