Fitting in the runs

I graduated beginning of October and I just can't seem to get into a routine of 3 runs a week which I was hoping for. There are several things that seem to have prevented this: the busyness of work, life in general and then about 4 weeks of a virus. I managed one run this week then the busyness of the week has overtaken again.

I really want to get into a routine of running tues and Friday evening and then Sunday in the day. However if I can only fit one run in the week do you think I could run Saturday and Sunday consecutively? I know the view about having rest days but it is just a case of perhaps doing this or I will only end up running once or twice a week. Mornings are not an option unfortunately.

6 Replies

• How about Saturday morning and Sunday evening? I have done this and been fine.

• This is what I fear once I have graduated (hoping I achieve it!).

How did you manage 3 runs a week when doing the course? I also do the morning of one day followed by the eve of the 2nd and it seems to work for me.

• I did every other day without fail. Now I generally do Mon, Wed, Fri or Mon, Thurs, Sat. However this week I did sun morn, mon eve, wed morn, Thursday eve.

• I'd say yes, run in the morning one day, evening the next. The first few times you do it, make one of them a "lighter" run.

I run 5-6 times a week now, did it by doing C25k on my "non running" days. I don't mind dropping a run when life gets in the way, as I'm doing plenty anyway ! So consecutive days should be fine, just break into it gently if it's to be regular, or spread them apart as much as possible if just occasionally.

• Hi just wanted to say what a great approach IR, I am often in the position of being able to run two days in a row then not for a couple of days but I do the rest day (very, very occasionally it's morning one followed by evening next). I think doing the C25k on the rest days might be a good approach for me too, then I would have flexibility! Thanks 😀

• Thank you everyone. Sounds like consecutive runs works for you guys so I might give it a go. I did most of the programme during the school hols when I was off work so I had more time. I'm sure actually being ill for about 4 weeks has scuppered my plans more than anything so I hopefully will get back into a better routine soon. Anyway I am up now ready to go out for a run before the rest of the day takes over. Today, running is my priority! 😊

You may also like...