'Gareth Thomas: Run for Your Life'

Has anyone been watching this series which follows a group of non-runners as they train for the Cardiff half-marathon?

It's being shown on BBC One Wales but also available on the BBC iPlayer: bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06fngch

There's not much detail given about the training plan but there is some additional information online at bbc.co.uk/guides/z8qn39q (with a link to Couch to 5K).

I was impressed that the women taking part were expected to take complete a 5K run after only 5 weeks, although not all were running non-stop.

7 Replies

• Ooh, thanks. Think I'll have a look at that!

• Yes, I've been watching it, Sky plus'd it so I don't miss the last one. A few of 'Alfie's Angels' were interviewed before Cardiff half this morning. Hats off to them, they were pretty fab.

• I watched the first two episodes this morning after seeing your post. Interesting enough and Alfie comes across well. Will watch the rest of it.

• I've been loving watching this programme. I suspect they've had more behind the scenes help than we've seen on TV as it does seem quite a short training period. However, I've found the programme very uplifting and inspiring and am looking forward to seeing how they got on in the Cardiff Half Marathon.

• Good to hear a few others have been enjoying it too.

It would be interesting to get a bit more detail of the training plans but it's great for a bit of 'runspiration'!

• I watched the first episode of this today and I'm going to follow it as it's very interesting and quite amusing too. He's definitely got his work cut out for him! I can't wait to see their transformation on race day! Thanks for posting.

• I watched it last night, fair play to them all for having a go at it. Lokking foward to seeing it on Friday.

You may also like...