Week 2 of C25K program

I ran all the way to the Old Town this morning ( I live in Hastings) when I did Day 2 of Week 2 of the C25K program. I did more walking than running (90 second running and two minutes of walking) but I felt I had a bit, a *tiny* bit more stamina than I did when I first started the program. I started the weight loss program three weeks ago and try and stick to 1400 calories a day. Sometimes I do eat more but try not to exceed 1700 cal a day. Sometimes I eat less, trying not to go below 1200. I will be going to the gym tomorrow and hope to do exercise for at least an hour (this is my second session).

6 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • You will be surprised how fast your stamina builds up. Well done!!!!

• Thank you so much! :D it is very encouraging and it proves I am not beyond redemption :D

• If I can do it, anyone can. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• You have gained stamina already. Probably the most difficult challenge you face is that of weight loss, and not of getting fit. You'll see. Follow the program in a flexible and sensible manner, and you'll be amazed at how your stamina builds.

• Well done - you will get there. The programme will give you everything you need to build on for the following week. Doing extra exercise on non-running days will help increase your abilities, but be sure to take your rest days - these are when your body is re-building you better, faster, stronger. I am 50 and have lost about a stone dieting and doing C25K, making me about 17.5 stone - there is a long way to go weight-wise, but I am managing to do my 3 x 30 minute runs a week since graduation: if I can do this, anyone can.

Get out there and be amazing!

• I've actually lost 2kgs since I started dieting and doing the C25k program. I am definitely going to stick to it, making sure as you said I allow the body a day's rest between sessions to repair itself. I started day 1 of week 3 today and I am really looking forward to being able to run for 30 minutes solid :D

You may also like...