I'm tough and I'm rough!!

Why tough?? Well last week, I ran the most Kms in a week that I have ever done - 35 KLms - AND most of it was done early mornings under really COLD ( for me ) 3 degrees C conditions.

Why rough?? Wife and I were camping with a bunch of friends in the dry dusty grounds of the Tara camel races - and , as such things necessitate, there was a daily 4PM "happy hour" involving the use of much red wine to attempt to offset the pain of camping overnight in such freezing conditions.

abc.net.au/news/2015-08-02/...

This is what C25K has brought me to!!!

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Haha happy camping Bazza :D

• Sounds like a wonderful camping trip, and the camel races sounds fun to watch. 35 km? Wow, Bazza, that is some serious mileage you're doing. Impressive!

• Well - it's not as "tough" as it looks :) 5K of that was supposed to be done on the last day ( Sunday) of the preceding week's plan - but life interfered with that and so I did that 5K on the Monday of last week - hence my 4 days per week "plan" became 5 days that week!! :)

I am following a plan for the next couple of months that eventually takes me out to 40K per week over 4 days. Only two days of those 4 days are moderately hard - I now have a personal policy that I run all distances up to and including 5K non-stop - and anything over 5K , I use run/walk at a fairly low ratio. So I am doing a weekly Parkrun non-stop at a tempo pace (and sometimes faster ) ,and a longrun up to 20K ( currently at 13K) as the two moderately hard runs , and a shorter "longrun" building up to 9K and a 6K "recovery run" .

The longer runs aren't all that difficult using run/walk - and I am finding that I can do it at around the pace that I do when I run non-stop long. I can run 6:30 pace reasonably easily at up to 5K - but I seem to slow considerably for longer distances when running non-stop. So - I enjoy run/walk over these longer distances and find it to be quite tolerable :)

• That's cold even for a Brit! Did you beat the camels|?

• Sounds as though the cold suits you as far as running is concerned - or maybe it's the wine!

• Sounds great fun and I love the camel pic too... Well done Bazza!!

• Camels. Brrr. Their teeth freak me out. I bet they run fast too - I'd speed up if I had one of them behind me.

I'm most impressed my your weekly mileage - it'll be a while before I get to that level.

You may also like...