Started week 2

Just done my first run of Week 2. :)

Feeling good, although more tired than before, but that's to be expected. Those extra 30 seconds of running take you surprise by about halfway through the run :)

Was surprised I didn't run as far as last week though. I guess that's because I'm walking more in it as well? Not really worked out the maths for it yet.

Still, it's done and I'm on my way again :)

4 Replies

• I distinctly remember a few early sessions where I swear I was faster during the walking intervals than the running. I say running, more like staggering! Still, the speed soon came and I'm sure your experience will be the same. Good luck!

• Done without injury is all that counts!

You've probably noticed the constant chant on here to not worry about your speed. Really - don't worry about it. If you can complete the planned run then that's the perfect trip. And even if you don't you're still out there running.

• Yeah, it makes sense once I looked at my Runtastic stats. I went Premium with it so I can analyse things more.

I only ran for 1 minute more whereas I walked for 4 minutes more, so it makes sense that I didn't go as far or as fast.

I know this is more about building things like stamina so I can run for longer in the long term, so I'm not overly worried about it, speed will come with time, I guess :D

• I recon I run at walking pace and it is not an issue. Beats sitting on the couch! Once you graduate, go for c25k+, and Laura will take you through increasing your speed. just take it easy and everything will fall into place. Congrat on starting week 2.

You may also like...