Some winter Orienteering --

Some winter Orienteering --

the snow hasn't arrived yet in the Queensland high country, so it was a bit warmer than expected today. Apparently tomorrow is going to be a different matter.

After a "hardish" parkrun yesterday, I decided to do an "easy" 4Klm Orienteering course which was being held in a beachside park as part of a Fitness Expo. -- and it was FREE!!! The park was 2 klm long so with 26 checkpoints to find, I guess I ran about 6K. It takes me a bit to figure out where all the checkpoints are and then to actually find them - so, as a run, it is quite easy with lots of short runs and stops to scratch my head!! Of course , there are also the keen athletic types who run it HARD and seem to have a magic knack to find these checkpoints while on the run -- but there are also VERY EASY and EASY courses for the children to do and a short 2K course, which my wife did by walking it - so there are people of all types doing the different courses at different starting times.

It turned out to be a nice Qld winter's day - the calm before the storm!! :)

I recommend people have a look at any local Orienteering in their neighborhood -- it's a lot of fun and is good for an "easy" or "hard" day

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh Bazza. I love that your photo is of a 'winter' day! I'd be on that beach in shorts and a t-shirt! The orienteering sounds like great fun :)

• Your winter's day look fabulous. I love those clear blue skies whether it's warm or cold - so much more uplifting than grey!

• Looks like your Winter days are warmer than our Summer days...

• Sounds like such fun, I will have a look, but I get so lost!!!! Well done :)

You may also like...