Running in Wales, Gower peninsula

First post for me, although I am a keen reader and occasional replier.

I am looking for some information and am hoping one of you lovely people know the Gower peninsula.

I am going to be staying there for a few days for a wedding, and would love to take advantage of the beautiful setting to go for a (5k-ish) run. I could just set off from the front door of the hotel and hope for the best, but if anybody could suggest a route or point me in the direction of more information, I would be very grateful.

I have no fancy hi-tech stuff electronic stuff. Just me and my MP3 player.

6 Replies

• Where on the Gower will you be visiting? The Gower is a big place and has a lot of countryside oh and hills.

• We are staying in Reynoldston (King Arthurs Hotel).

I'm not a big fan of hills - or at least, I don't mind running down them but less keen on going up!

It's a completely new part of the UK for me.

• My granny lives there though I've never run there. There are lots of truly beautiful cliff paths though. Enjoy.

• Thank you for your reply. The little research I've managed to do so far seems to bear that out. Sadly, I'll only be there for 2 nights, so not too much time to explore

• I'm not sure, but if you look on Strava (online) you can see where other people run. You don't need to download it to a mobile phone, but it might give you an idea of where there are routes near your hotel. Other things like Mapmyrun or Endomondo might also do this, I don't know. Worth a look?

Have a lovely holiday, and a great run. Running tourism is the best!

• Thanks for the suggestions. Being lo-tec, I haven't used any of those before so will investigate.

I'm off to Paris for a girly weekend after the wedding trip, and am definitely going to take my running gear - the hotel is near the Luxembourg Gardens so am planning a run there too.

Running tourism indeed!

You may also like...