Calf strain !

Nice afternoon for a run so off I go across some footpaths and bridleways. Dodging cows and enjoying the scenery. All was going great until about 8k when my left calf muscle gave out. Had to walk home as I couldn't run for toffee at this point!!. One good thing was that my water bottle waist belt worked a treat. Home now, ice compression sock and foam rolling , ouch ouch ouch ! Hope I'm OK for park run Saturday! Oh well . happy running folks.

8 Replies

• Hope it's better soon... Take care

• If it is truly a calf strain leave it for a while before running again. Try to do some calf raises and see if they hurt before going out again. Calves can be difficult injuries and need some time to heal.

• Thanks for that , I will not run for a bit , I'm not in huge pain and can squat and move around / walk fast etc. there is no swelling or bruising so maybe I've just pulled or overworked something. Thanks again.

• Did my calf in at Easter and could not run for 4 weeks. Had few sessions of physio, massages although painful really helped. Hope you are up and running soon.

• Thanks, I have been stretching and foam rolling a lot, walking is OK now and stairs not painfully now ! I will take the rest of the week off running but I really miss getting out there.

• Hang on in there Samson !

I know its crap being out of action, but you will get better and come back stronger for it :-) xxx

• As always poppy we follow your advice and I will definitely come back stronger and fighting fit. X x x

• Ha ha , yes , you know it makes sense, just wish I would listen and take my own advice half of the time !

No, only joking, I do , I do ,honest Guv ! :-D xxx

You may also like...