I can fly!!

Has anybody noticed at times in their running /training life that their fitness takes a sudden leap upwards rather than a gradual increase? This last week, I've felt much better, much faster and stronger. Two minutes off my 10k time, a 5K PB on Wednesday (35 second improvement) of 31:23 and a strong interval training run.

Today it was Parkrun. I ran a strong steady pace, fast for me, and I felt GOOD right to the end. Passed more people than usual and finished in.......30:54!!!!!

Watch out 30 minutes - I'm coming to get you!

My run - connect.garmin.com/modern/a...

13 Replies

• well done Steve :D you will crack that 30 in no time

• Sounds like you're on a roll Steve - well done!

• Yeah it's happening for me at the moment too! I knocked another 38 seconds off my 5k time last night! I can't believe it. it's a brilliant feeling!!! Well done!!!! You'll get that sub 30! I'm on 37 now! Chasing a 35! Can't believe I'm saying this!!!!

• Well done, what are you eating for breakfast? as I might get some.

• I don't eat breakfast before running :)

• Difficult to say. I tend to think that the progress is quite gradual but that as you gain confidence you are able/willing to extract more from your potential i.e. the mental side enhances the physical.

Could be wrong though!

• No, I'd been thinking something similar - I think it may be technique improving. My feet and breathing are synchronised now, and it seems to take less effort to run.

• That makes sense.

• Thats good to hear Steve. You will only get faster - it's the way it is, providing you keep at it. It's such a buzz to know when you've managed to beat a previous best time isn't it? Keep it up dude!

• Thanks, Dan. It's a huge buzz. I was hoping for a PB today, but this was better than I expected.

• Wow...you are making fantastic progress, well done you!! Won't be long before you are doing sub 25's.....

• Well done Steve, your progress is really impressive.

• Thanks! I'm loving this :)

You may also like...