C25K App Troubles

This week I've completed week 5, thankfully the only problem being the app. Can I trust it for week 6?

Run 1 went fine, when it came to run 2 I started off slow knowing it was going to be my longest run to date. By the time I'd gotten 3/4 of the way my route (without stopping!) I decided to check the app. It said I still had 5 minutes to go!!! So I check mapmyrun and including warm up I'd done 17mins. I decided to run the remaining 5 mins then call it a day. So I had done 17 mins solid instead of the 2 x 8mins.

On day 3 the app failed again, when I came to the end of my route I'd completed 20 mins but the app had only just reached 5 mins!!!!

Has this been experienced by others? Can I trust it for week 6 Or should I revert back to the podcasts?

On a brighter note I'm the furthest I've ever been into the plan and loving every minute of it! Week 6 BRING IT ON!!!!!

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes, I had this happen to me. So as soon as I had hit the continuous runs, I just timed myself on a digital watch and listened to music instead.

• I'd suggest going back to the podcasts - there's some music coming up that even if you loathe it will help you understand what the rest of us are talking about, and you won't miss out on Laura.

• Thank you, I've just reloaded the podcasts on to my phone! I did switch to the app to get away from the music! But I guess getting through the programme is more important to me.

You may also like...