Week 8 run 3

Saturday evening with friends -too much food, too much wine and not enough sleep. Sunday wasn't the best day to run but I was determined to do my last run of week 8. My pace was slow for the 2nd km but I manged to do the furthest and my best average pace by upping my pace for the last few minutes. So even though i ran one km at 8.26 and another at 804 I managed to get my average to 7.17 by giving my all fit the last part. I was exhausted and when I got home I fell asleep on the floor but I did it. I can't believe I am just about to start week 9.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Lizieo, I commit the same crime of having that extra glass of wine (or two) and staying up too late, then waking on a run morning without having had enough sleep and feeling dehydrated - and I also make myself run anyway (is it punishment?). So I've introduced a water drinking rule to make myself behave better. I have a glass of water with every alcoholic drink, and I have to drink the whole glass before moving onto the next beer/wine/whatever. It really makes you conscious of how much you're drinking, and helps you feel better hydrated the next day. Maybe give it a try?

Good luck for week 9. Don't push yourself too hard - your speed seems a tad fast? Anyway, it would be fast for me - but good if you can do it!

• That's such a good idea! I will now implement the water rule too!

You may also like...