janda on the road to Hackney

Trying to get some extra runs in during the end of the school break, without overdoing things! Three and a half weeks to go to Run Hackney so aware of the desire to up the miles and the disappointment of last year's injury. Today was great though and I pushed on a bit with the tempo part. Still trying to slow the slow bits down to a gentler pace (but it's hard!). I read that a problem is running the fast runs too slow and the slow runs too fast!!

Total was 8k in 43:22. 5k tempo run in 25:48 w/1.5k warmup in 8:37 & 1.5k cooldown in 8:57. Tempo=5:10 pkm or 8:19 per mile. See link for those who are interested: connect.garmin.com/modern/a...

Keep on running!

9 Replies

• Impressive stuff Janda.

Don't overdo it though!

• That's fast! Well done.

• Interesting that most of my other runs are within seconds of each other on pace. 'Long' and 'easy' and 'recovery' all seem to morph a little so it's important to put a bit of pace into the training sometime.

• Great run Janda!

• Cheers old_git

• Great stuff and quicker than my prep for the same race! I ran 7k this morning in a gentle 46:41. Mind you, it did follow last night's rather nice bottle of red....

• Nice one Rob. No nice bottle of red (or white for that matter) for me last night.

• fantastic...well done Janda...your 5k time is so fast!!

• Cheers JJ. I'd love to sustain that over the 21.1k in three weeks time!

You may also like...