janda does Run Hackney

Completed Run Hackney half marathon in a world record time of 1:47:42. Met some of my 'Beyond c25k' Facebook friends before the start but didn't manage to find them again after a trip to the loo and subsequent race! Placed 2721 out of a cast of thousands and 58th in M50 category. Very pleased with the run.

My Garmin watch was better than it was in North London but required a minor edit: showing a remarkably steady pace till the 19th km. Enormous fun and I met up with a colleague, her husband, sister, mum and a crowd of her friends afterwards. Thank goodness my wife kindly agreed to be the designated driver and made sure we got home safely.

Now what shall I do next? Ah, perhaps that St Albans Half Marathon on 14th June might suit me!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

30 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great stuff Janda! It was a great atmosphere today, don't you think? And what a field! All those people!

• Hi Rob. I didn't realise they were allowing so many to take part. It was really excellent though with the sheer numbers and the crowds too.

• Well done. Brilliant time :)

• Super impressive, well done :) xx

• Thanks pinkangel.

• Well done :)

• Thanks smiler.

• Blimey, that's a brilliant time janda. Well done to you. It sounds like a great day, one for the memory bank.

Ooh do the St. Albans one. I used to live there!

• Well done, that is awesome! :-D

• Well done janda! Excellent!!!!

• Great ime Janda, well done!

• Thanks.

• Huge respect on your time, very very well done.

• Respect to you too.

• Really well done Janda. That's an amazing time - as a fellow M50er, I could never hope to match that.

• Thanks Dunder2004. Set your sights on the the longer term and achieving eBay is right for you. We've all come such a long way.

• Great job Janda, brilliant time!

• Thanks og.

• Woohoo!!!! Well done. What a fab time. You must so chuffed with that.

• I am very chuffed with the time. Almost five minutes off the previous HM time. Thanks.

• well done Janda! :)

• Cheers aliboo.

• well done!!! that is a great time - congrats. why not do another hm!!!its so hard to say no!!

• Thank you. I am now setting my sights on St Albans half.

• Well done Janda - fantastic time !

• Well done, great time xx

• Wow already looking to the next one that's some dedication. It really was a lovely atmosphere wasn't it. I walked to Westfield and had a massive burger before tubing home. It was so needed. 1:47:42 that is such a great time, definelty something to be really proud of well done.

• Thanks. I am very keen, I know. Glad you enjoyed it too.

• Hi Remember me? Well done! I only do 3 x 5K runs each week, this has encouraged me to go forward!

• Hi Delia. Glad to hear you are still running. It's such a great thing and I am so grateful for C25k in making it possible for me.

You may also like...