Enjoyed week 8 run 1 this morning

After my week 7 run 3 disappointment I thought about the encouragement you gave me while I was doing week 8 run 1 this morning and before I knew it I had completed 28 minutes running! I had to stop for a few seconds for the traffic lights to change but I tackled all the hills without stopping and it felt good!

I don't use any other running apps apart from C25K with Laura so I have to look on google maps to see how far I am running. I extended my route a little more today to take account of the extra minutes in week 8 so I went back to google maps to check out the distance I got a surprise! I had been looking at the distance in miles so it wasn't 2.7k I did today, it was 2.7 miles which is 4.4k. Now I am even more please with myself!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great Stuff Trish, You are nearly there now. So glad things went better today! :-)

• you don't want to get your KM's and miles mixed up ;) really don't worry about the distance to much it really is just about completing the timed runs 28 min's and 30 min's :D

You may also like...