Newbie with injury!

Hi everyone! I'm on week 4 run 2 and have been amazed at how well I've been doing - very overweight and always hated running. So yesterday I got to the last minute of the final 5 min run and felt what seemed like a stitch in my pelvic/hip area. It came on suddenly and I then got so painful I had to stop :(. I have used hot water bottle but it still really hurts and I'm so fed up because I don't want it to stop me now I'm finally getting fit!!! Any ideas/advice? A confession: I only did 3 mins warm up as the app on my phone was playing up.....

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'd say don't run until it's stopped hurting (I would still try to walk and keep things moving a bit), then try a gentle jog and see what happens. Sounds like maybe a torn or strained muscle?

I hurt my hip during c25k (not out for a run, I might add, but thinking I could nip up the down escalator. Idiot girl!) and it settled down with rest. This is likely to be a temporary set back not a full stop on things, so chin up!

• I'd try resting too and downing some Ibuprofen. If it's still causing problems in a few days, maybe check it out with the GP.

• It could be stitch! Sudden onset, which is what happens. Hopefully after your rest day you will be good to go. Keep up with the healthy eating. You're doing just fine!

• Thanks for your advice, it is starting to get a bit better and I actually did a gentle dog walk yesterday. Think I will try run 3 tomorrow see how it goes......

You may also like...