week 3 / run 2 done!!!

Hello all

well... today. I went to have my gait analysis and was told I had neutral feet but I stomped! I purchased the asics gel pursuit 2 shoes for extra cushioning!

I walked at 2.5mph and ran at 3mph. I was wondering if the pain in my calf's, is due to me being unfit or the fact I stomp............ however I completed run 2, yay.

Stephen

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! Do you mind me asking what the gait analysis involved? I hate sports shops.

• To be honest I think it is a bit of gimmick! All they do is get you to run on a treadmill for about a minute while they filmed your foot movement and pointed out the obvious, you could do the same yourself with any video camera/ phone. I will say the shop assistant was very helpful.

As I said to the assistant, we never did this when I was a kid, we got a pair of trainers/plimsolls and just ran around like idiots? or was that just me!

Stephen

• The stomping will definitely not have helped your calf pain! Make sure you are not taking too big a stride, shorter steps will help to make your footfalls lighter.

• I think I am going too slow, which is causing me to take too many short strides?

You may also like...