OK... first Parkrun on Sat.. promise

After many months of thinking about it... I hereby promise to do my first parkrun on Saturday. :-)

- I've run the course many times (next to my office)

- Checked the weather... all looks good

- I've checked the stats... don't think they will have closed when I'm done

- No injury problems at present (nips better thanks)

- Will have a couple of days off after my run tonight (birthday cake tomorrow)

- If slow_rob recommends it... then who am I to argue :-)

Anyone else out there going to the Taunton parkrun??

Will update you all on Saturday :-)

12 Replies

• I went to college at SCAT many years ago. Give it a wave on the way past for me!!

Good luck, it'll be grand :)

• We will be expected a PB :D wasn't going to mention the nip's haha

• Good luck Andy, I'm doing the Humber Bridge parkrun on Saturday. If anyone sees me collapsed, please pause the Garmin.

Thank you

• Have you printed off your barcode? Enjoy it Andy.

• I love parkruns- hope you enjoy it! Have fun x :-)

• Best of luck Andy. Let us know how it goes. I looked at my local park run- I think they are all training for the Olympics, so I have been a coward. I would love to know your experience , but I just know it will be good. here's to a pb. Enjoy

• Good luck Andy, you will really enjoy it i'm sure :) Glad the nips are better! Is it your birthday tomorrow then? If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :)

• Yes, my birthday tomorrow...Would never have imagined I would be a runner 12 months ago! Did a run tonight and even knocked a minute off my 5k PB so have a target for Saturday. Still not overly fussed about records but it's good to see improvement.

• Have fun :) Hmm... and birthday cake too. Happy birthday if it's yours :)

• First...happy birthday🎈🎈🎈 🍰 Next great stuff.....hope you enjoy it😊I am beginning to think that maybe perhaps sometime in the future I may consider perhaps a park run..there I have said it...so I look forward to reading how you get on ( hope the nips remain fine lol)

• Well you absolutely have to go through with it now !! Good luck, will be thinking of you on Saturday morning, hope its a good one !

• You will love it...and happy birthday :)

You may also like...