Foam Rollers

Hello!

I was talking to a colleague about my running, and I mentioned some slight pains I've had on my inner thigh and he suggested getting a foam roller - something I had not heard of before! We googled it and I get the idea of them and I wanted some more feedback on them - Has anyone got one or would suggest getting one?

As a recent graduate, I am still getting my pace and distance with a possibility of doing a 10K in April(eeep!Is this too soon?) and I know my body will still take some getting used to all this running!

Any help is greatly appreciated! xx

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • If you've gone from 0 to 5k in about 9 weeks, then 5k to 10k shouldn't take you much longer. Just add half a k a week.

Sorry but no experience of foam rollers.

Good luck and happy running.

• Thank you for the support frannyfran!

• I agree with frannyfran. April is plenty of time to get ready for a 10k. I graduated at the end of March and jog/walked a marathon on 2 August. No experience of foam rollers but try doing a search on tis site as I know several folk have used them.

• Well done on the marathon! This has given me a lot of hope and encouragement.. 10k here I come..

• 10k in April? No problem :) . It sounds like a long way but if you stick to a training plan you'll easily get there. I have my first HM in March (eeep eeep!)

• All the best for March King9fisher! Thanks for the support!

• Foam rolling is really helpful for working on sore, tight and knotty bits. A bit like a self massage. Beware though its not like a gentle roll - more like an instrument of torture !! My gp recommended I use one on my tight IT bands(sides of thighs) and it worked, but was pretty painful. That said , I would recommend it :)

You may also like...