Elated!

Can't believe I've actually stuck with the program since the 1st run had me gasping for breath 6 long weeks ago.

Just completed W6 run 3 and did just under 4k! At least half the run was uphill on Hampstead Heath so feeling extra chuffed :)

Gloating aside, does anyone get really bad headaches after a run? I get them quite a lot, even though I drink a lot of water before and after the run, eat fruit after etc. Any tips?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done for sticking with it, it is an amazing programme. And hills too! I suffer with migraines and found that I used to get them sometimes when I first started running but pleased to say that I haven't had any for a while now. Maybe get checked out just to be on the safe side. Are you going out before eating? If so, maybe you need a little something before you set out? x :-)

• Thanks! Trying to eat 1-2 hours before max, but occasionally have a banana before runs. Will experiment with different foods and see if it makes a difference x

• Well done person with the most brilliant name.

As to the headaches, you might find it helps to ease off the pace a bit. I find I can't rattle my brain too much (one of many reasons I try to run on softer surfaces but you may not have much option) I wonder too if you are sensitive to cold which can trigger a nasty head later. Buffs are great for this as you can wear them as a hat that is easy to whip off as soon as it gets too warm.

• Ahhh thank you! I do actually get ear/throat pain when I run sometimes, so some sort of headgear is a great idea :)

You may also like...