Breaking News!!

90,000 people queue for bus home after footrace!!

Well - there was more than one bus - in fact, there were LOTS of buses - but wife and I could see the queue(s) and we knew where those busloads were headed -to Bondi Junction railway station. So, after my 14 klm "funrun". We walked 5 klms from Bondi Beach to get the Ferry home. So I could almost say that I have done a half -marathon. Well that's what my feet are telling me anyway.

I will tell more about the event when I get home. Suffice it to say that it is unique and I recommend it to all.

My result was 1 hour 45 minutes and 40 seconds. I came in 41,009th out of 67,249 finishers -which must mean that there were around 23,000 DNF. I was 657th out of 1371 in my agegroup of M60-69. There are some fit old F****'s out there. Unfortunately a young 29yo collapsed and died almost at the finishline and from what the newspapers are saying, it must have happened just after i crossed the line.

10 Replies

• Wow well done you it sounds amazing... But so sorry about the person who died... That's so sad... Go and rest up and celebrate :)

• Bitter-sweet story, you did amazingly well, but so sad about the young person who lost their life...

• Well done, as you say nearly a half marathon.

Sad about the young person though.

• Great result and achievement. As someone said bitter sweet. I bet you couldn't believe you had to do the extra walk at the end to get home. Rest up and enjoy your times. Very inspirational post.

• That is bitter sweet indeed.

But well done to you - sounds like quite an event.

• Fantastic result Bazza. Many congratulations and now enjoy your well deserved holiday. That is such sad news about the young runner. There do seem to have been quite a few stories like that this year sadly :-(

• Oh Bazza, what a great achievement, but so sad to hear about the young man that died.

Hope you have a good recovery and soak those feet.

• Well done Bazza - I bet it was an amazing experience if somewhat dampened by the sad turn of events. Have a good break and rest those poor feet.

• Well done mate... must have been an amazing experience... really sad to hear about the young guy though...

• Well done, Bazza. Pleased to hear your run went well and it must have been 'not-too-knackering' since you managed to walk back.

You may also like...