Hats off to you day time runners

I really dont know how you do it.

Since my very early weeks of C25K I have always ran in the early morning. It stsrted off that way to avoid people from seeing me but I grew to enjoy it and as spring turned to summer and the heat started to build (not too mention the insects!!!) I felt it was the right thing to do.

Tonight, I went out for an early evening run...

Bloody hell!!!!!! I must have lost about 2 stones in sweat but gained 3 stones in eaten insects. I am so glad I did it but I cannot see myself venturing oht in the evening again until Octoberish....

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Me too (except on the odd and very unavoidable occasion). Early morning all the way until the Autumn. Although as my half marathon is mid September maybe I should get some 'heat training' in as it may be hot on the day (a prospect I'm dreading but suspect the organisers praying for! :-) ).

• I will keep my fingers crossed for a calm day with a nice cooling drizzle Anna. Good luck with the run and the training :D

• As an asthmatic I find the air quality is better early morning. We don't get the same high temperatures up here that you are getting but living in a city the traffic fumes are really bad from 4:00-7:00pm even later if the cloud cover is low. So its early morning or forest runs for me every time. :)

• I went too, about 16:30. Only managed 3k and had to go home. I usually do 6/7K! Too hot to breathe!

You may also like...