Killed that Week 5 Day 3 Run!

Well can you or I believe it - I killed that Week 5 Day 3 run!!!!!!!!!!! Looked at my watch and thought 'oh that 1.5 mins was easy, that 3 mins was easy, that 5 mins was easy, blimey I'm at 10 mins I'm on the home stretch, just done 15 mins, just done two lots of 8 mins, okay aim for that tree, aim for that patch of sunlight, aim for that bench, do a mad dash to my friend's backside for the last 10 seconds!' When it came to logging how do you feel - my friend said put the smiley face because I was smiling as opposed to being sick in the bushes! So then we walked home (four miles as we took the long way round!) plus a reminder came up to do my seven minutes of High Intensity Training so did that as well. For the first time since doing this programme my legs are a bit achy but my friend thinks that's down to the HIT rather than the run because she aches as well and is more experienced than I am. So Week 6 Days 1 and 2 look a breeze - Bring It On! Thank you all for your support.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! W6 can feel a bit odd after the 20min run, but that 20mins is a real hurdle to get across.

• Did the High Intensity this morning and I'm finding that a real challenge - it's not a pretty sight as in certain positions my body looks like a pair of festooned curtains!

You may also like...