My 10k Challenge - I need help!

My 10k Challenge - I need help!

Hi everyone. Having discovered, almost by accident, that I can actually run 10k - only three weeks ago I had never done more than 5 - I have decided to put this to good use and help raise money for a great local charity run by some friends of mine. They are organising a number of runs (10k, half marathon and marathon) on 3rd May. Not wishing to overdo it, I've entered the 10k (maybe leave the marathon 'til next year :))

Running request first: any tips on how to best manage the warm-up walk and then keep muscles warmed up until the start of the run? I obviously don't want to walk the first 5 mins of the run itself, but have no idea how these things normally work. This is the first time I'll have run other than on my own.

Second request: please consider supporting me. Adventure Plus is a great charity that works to provide outdoor experiences for young people and really does change lives. They are working to raise money to buy a site to create their own Adventure Base. I've set myself the crazy target of raising Β£1,000 in less than 2 weeks, but that could be a lot of people giving a little - so I'm after everyone I can reach.

To support me, pop over to my Virgin Giving page at virginmoneygiving.com/Harve....

To find out more about the Adventure Base go to adventureplus.org.uk/base

Thank you.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldest β€’ newest
  • I would just do the warm up walk before the start, usually at these organised events they get a fitness person who does a warm up routine - stretching, side stepping etc which probably compensates for your warm up walk.

Good luck and enjoy

You may also like...