Hi everyone, I completed WK 7 r2 on Thursday but experienced pain in my left hip towards the end. Its not excruciating but I am aware of it

when walking or climbing stairs; anyway I'm concerned that if I run today I may cause more damage so have opted to go swimming instead. Has anyone got any advice on what to do from here I am really enjoying the challenge of this programme and can see me continuing on with my running long after the C25K, am I doing the right thing or should I run through it and build up my muscle's? Any advice welcome.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Running through pain of this sort is not wise as you run the risk of further injury. Swimming seems a good substitute until you are okay again but I would recommend seeing your doctor in case you have pulled something. I always feel it's better to be safe than sorry. Well done for getting this far and I hope you are soon recovered and able to start running again. Good luck and best wishes.

• Thanks Fitmo, I have rested for 3 days now and will continue with the swimming and ibruprofen

You may also like...