W3R1 - Pain down my shins and towards my ankles?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Even during the 5 min warm up walk there was pain down my shins, and it made the run very difficult to get through (well, jumping to running for 3 mins at a time was hard enough!). Do you think this is just general aches and pains from the exercise (first proper exercise in about 5 years) or is there something I can do to alleviate it?

Thanks!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes, I'd say it's shin splints and common to new runners. There is a piece about shin splints on Laura's C25k page on the NHS Livewell site. She suffered with it but it should get better, but she gives tips about what to do.

• Yes, I suffer too - did W3R1 yesterday, and I've had the same problem since the beginning :-(

• I had similar trouble in w1 but, touch wood, nothing since. There are various videos online suggesting different ways of easing the pain. Haven't tried them but may be worth having a look. Hope the pain eases.

You may also like...