The Spencer Davis Group were so right with keep on running

Just got back in after doing the first run of week 8 a 28 minute run and it turned into the best run I have ever had since starting this.

Now that would have been the longest that I have ever run in my life, just like last week I had never run for 25 minutes before, certainly never run 28 minutes, so I kept on telling myself that it was only for 3 minutes longer.

At 24 minutes I found myself fast approaching the stile at the end of the bridleway which goes onto our road. Home is a left and about half a mile which is what I did last week or turn right takes me into our village in about 2 miles.

With nothing else to do today, I turned right and kept running until Laura told me to stop, but I just had that feel good feeling and everything just felt okay so I carried on running through the warm down section and a few more minutes in golden silence before heading home.

It was a shame to end it, but I know there will be another run in a couple of days from now.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant post rob! And you're right about that song.....what a corker!

• Thanks Dan, although it's now stuck in my head.

• Yes, love that song too! Good rock tracks and a leafy trail help to inspire us to run.

Happy running Rob. You're nearly there you know!

• Yes I know just 5 more to go, although I ran a total of 32 mins this morning so I know its very very close.

• Well done..and another mantra to consider is from memo but hange the words'just keep running,just keep running' good work!!

• I meant Nemo the fish!!

• Thanks, & Nemo yes I like it, although prefer to think of your original one pushing your body and punishing your body.

• Yes ...I always use that one at the end when I have to push really hard, you need to get one that does it for you?

• Yes I do and I can already think of a something which really does it for me.

You may also like...