C25K android app - worse than useless

I was really excited about finding the C25K app. I could have Laura's reassuring voice but my own music which I was sure was going to make the runs more enjoyable. Especially when it came to Propane Nightmare by Pendulum. Playlist at the ready I tried to set the app up today. Apart from it crashing every two minutes, when I finally managed to get it to play the run I wanted it didn't let you choose a playlist but individual songs from my entire audio file library. I listen to a lot of radio 4 comedy, some of which is on my phone. Listening to Cabin Pressure isn't going to help matters.

So I'm back to the generic tunes that sound a bit like tracks from the charts, but not quite.

Do other C25K apps use Laura's dulcet tones or are they all much of a muchness?

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I recently used Stamina, which does have Laura's lovely voice keeping you on the beat.

I was looking forward to the Android app. We'll have to have a rethink!

• I will definitely look out for that. I would prefer to stick with the c25k podcasts as they're approved by the NHS. Not sure what sort of podcasts I would get with the various other c25k apps out there.

• Stamina and Speed are both part of C25K series, with Laura helping you along the way. I listened to speed during my walk home just now, I've not used yet but intend to next time out.

• I've got I phone & it hasn't worked properly last 3 times I've used it , first & 2nd time Laura dissapears , then third she actually made a appearance &said u have been running for 5 mins now u should be in a rhythm , when I actually had been running 20 ! Glad I had the garmin lol . Don't bother now it's useless .

• I thought I'd try and fire it up again and the podcasts seems to be in a random order that have nothing to do with the title displayed. Really want to start running to my own music, especially when I start the longer runs. There's only so much dodgy folk music one can take.

• I don't mind the music , but like a change sometimes

• The devs have responded positively to the quite negative reviews on play store, so there's hope :-)

You may also like...