W5r3 monkey off my back at last !

I was so disappointed when I didn't manage run 3 after runs 1 and 2 had gone so well. I kept getting really bad stitch that covered all my tummy. I only managed 11 minutes on the first attempt. I kept redoing runs 1 and 2 and trying again. By the third attempt I was resigned to small increases in time each week but determined to do it even if it took me until Christmas next year as I was enjoying runs 1 and 2. Today, I ran 22 minutes.... Yippee, week 6 here I come. All I can say is, persevere!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fabulous Fiona! Well done for persevering..... what a great feeling. W5R3 is such a milestone. Onward and upward. Good luck, you now know you can do it :)

• Well done x

• Me too! It took me 3 goes, but I've just finally finished.

I prefer to think about the '9 week program' as being a sort of metaphorical 9 weeks. I'm well past 9 weeks now, and have only just finished week 5. Well done you!

• Thanks all, and well done to you too xeompho!

• Well done!! Bring on week 6! :)

Just a thought - your tummy pain could be caused by drinking too much just before you run?

• Ooooo, I hadn't thought that it could be drinking too much Sarah. I run first thing in the morning, and usually drink a glass of water (about half a pint or so?) & half a cup of coffee before going out. I'll experiment a little, and see if I can shift it.

You may also like...