Week 4 Run 1 - I didn't die!

Back home from our holiday in Austria and my little boy was poorly again (you probably don't want to know the details) so I didn't go for a run on Sunday. I kept him off nursery yesterday (Monday) and took him to the doctor, so I couldn't run again. This morning I took him to nursery. My husband is now sick, but he doesn't need me keeping a full-time vigil at his bedside, so I went for a run. The first run of Week 4.

It was back to the local rec where I can be sure that I can do all my running on grass, and blissful ignorance of exactly how fast I was going! And again, I had a longish gap of not running (3 days this time) and, despite the quite large step-up at week 4 from week 3 I didn't find it too bad. I even stepped it up a bit at the end of my last run. I am not going to make the same mistake I made last week and run again tomorrow so, unless I can manage to run on Saturday (which is looking like quite a busy day so I doubt it), my week 4 is going to spill over into next week. Never mind.

Last year when I did this I did Weeks 1-7 in six weeks, as I ran every other day, rather than 3 times a week. This year I'm taking longer to get through my weeks, but it feels like I'm getting on quite quickly. I don't understand what's going on but wonder if it's because it's a road I have already travelled, so it seems shorter this time. Anyway, I guess there's no rush. It's not a sprint! My fitness levels are gradually returning, so that's the main thing.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldest β€’ newest

You may also like...