First Parkrun!

I'm W6 with R2 coming up but thought I would try running with others for the first time. Registered for local Parkrun and turned up this morning at 8:30.

Lovely man welcomed me and explained the route at which point my heart sank! There were inclines to cope with!!

9am and we were off. I kept my eye on 2 ladies from the Potters Trotters and followed at a sensible pace. I actually managed to run all but 100 metres when I slowed to a walk because I couldn't get the top off my water.

Waiting for my time to go on the website but I don't really care how fast I was.

I did it!!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done for braving parkrun before you'd got to week 9. You'll have a really good baseline to measure all your future parkruns against.

• Thanks Greenlegs! I really enjoyed it although I wasn't completely sure that I could do it.

And you're right - I can use it as a baseline for parkruns and other training so it'll certainly come in handy.

• Wow that's great work, especially before your graduation! Well done!

It was also my first Parkrun today too...we had inclines too! Uh oh! But I managed them.

Good luck on your next Parkrun

• Well done. I did my first park run on Week 1 run 1, I did my 4th park run today and am at week 6 run 3 now. I Couldn't believe I actually managed to run for 25 mins non stop and Laura said I can call myself a runner- :) . Agree that it is a nice way to chart your progress. I am eagerly awaiting my email/text to see if I have got PB. Week 7 here I come, would recommend park runs for the great support everyone gives you, no matter what your ability xx

• Well done! You did well to run all bar the last 100m when you're still working on the podcasts. I did my first park run today too, its quite fun!

• My time came in at 33 minutes 4 seconds, which I didn't think was too bad for my first attempt. I was only 30 seconds behind the ladies from the Potters Trotters, and they're seasoned runners!

Would recommend Parkruns to anyone because not only is it nice to have a bit of company but it also encourages you to keep going when you think you've got nothing left. I will be there next Saturday!!

You may also like...