If you have a problem...if no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire...The J-Team

Well having managed to get my trainers back on after an extended rest, I got a couple of 5k runs done last weekend which has convinced me that I've still got what it takes to make a runner.

But I realised that my plan was off schedule, so I decided to delete my missing runs as I cannot redo them anyway, and then re-assessed the weeks I have got left until the Sheffield 10k at the end of September.

I've also been reading some stuff from Jeff Galloway - and I've decided to cobble together my own plan tweaking one off his website. But my plan also incorporates ParkRuns which means I am out 4x per week & sounds quite do-able.

So in honour of my new coach I am formally starting the J-Team .

Those of you grew up in the 80's might remember the original A-Team & all their antics of creating something out of a pile of junk to save themselves from being defeated - well that's pretty similar with where I am right now.

Thanks to C25K there's a solid enough basic platform, and enough bits of old legs, tired knees, some muscles somewhere, power arms and strong lungs all lying around. So now I need to assemble them and build myself a proper runner... And thanks to Jeff I also have the blueprint - the new plan!

Besides, I never even got onto the A-Team at school, never the B team nor the C team, so let's see if I can cut it in the J-Team!...

Happy Running Everyone.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Funnily enough a friend suggested I ordered his book so I have, I can't wait to read it as he sounds so inspiring. I used to love the A team ( showing Juicy's age..ahem), especially the hot one with the flick!!!!

• Hehe, what a great post! Love it when a plan comes together! :0)

You may also like...