Week 8 Run 1

Started week 8 this evening having gone out for a light jog on my rest day as missing it.

Feeling very tired but didn't want to take the easy option of having another day off so ate a banana for energy, quick drink of water then out.

Settled in to a rhythm by the five minute mark to match one of the songs (can't remember which one) and slowed down a bit to conserve energy as feeling unusually tired.

Towards the end I thought I would see if I could speed up so pushed myself to complete the last five minutes at a faster pace with closer to running speed (not quite a sprint) for the last 60 seconds.Tired but wanted to see if I had it in me.

Used mapmywalk for the first time (it has a run option) and completed 3.47 miles of running (excludes walk) in 28.32 which I think means I've completed 5k.

Feeling it a little in the legs but quite chuffed to have done it.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done - and such a good time as well! Isn't it interesting that sometimes when you don't really feel like going, but make yourself, you have a good run? I look forward to your graduation post :)

• Thanks. Me too :-)

You may also like...