slight set back to biking

On Bank Holiday monday just gone my husband pumped up both tyres on the bike and I cycled down the garden, stopped and came back to try again only as I attempted to swing my leg over the saddle I lost my balance and fell over and now have a big bruise on my forearm and nasty graze on my elbow. I however intend to have another go this weekend just so glad I didnt fall in public which is my biggest fear. Once I am pedalling I am fine it is just getting on and off the bike that is the problem.

I was planning to attend the first of a six week block of 2 swims,2 bike sessions and 2 run sessions however I had missed the first session (one swim) and I didnt feel ready for the bike session so I am going to join the second block in the second week (I am on holiday for the first swim session); this will give me a chance to improve my confidence on the bike.

3 Replies

• well done you, my husband keeps trying to persuade me to start cycling ( keeps going on about it being better for my knees) but I'm sure I'd fall off !! Hope your injuries are improving, you poor thing :(

Good luck with your sessions :)

• Sounds like you are heading for a triathlon. This is an amazing sport, my daughter has taken part in many finishing last summer with an Olympic distance. I have taken to my bike lately as I have a knee injury and was wobbly at first but now up to 15 miles. I have really enjoyed it even though I was reluctant at first, you can vary your route more than running. I don't get quite the same buzz as I do from running and it takes more time but better than being on the couch.

Best of luck with your training.

• Sounds good that you are trying all sorts, keep it going on the bike, like running it will get easier the more you do it. Have a look and see if you have a local SKY RIDE near you as they do guided bike rides and it is for everyone, not just pros'.

Hope it all works out for you :-)

You may also like...