Week 9 - Graduation is ever nearer

Right, first things first. I need to correct the writing on the T shirt. It actually says "Vintage 1951 - Aged to Perfection" Slight mistake in previous blog. But then that's what you get when you work from "memory"!!!

Started W9 today. I was thinking that I would leave two days between each run this week but as I was invited to play a round of golf tomorrow thought I would start this last week, today.

So how was it? Well I managed to control my enthusiasm and run at a slower steadier pace from the start of the 30min run. This meant I actually finished the whole pod cast about 3 minutes faster than W8R3. I wasn't totally exhausted either so I must be improving my overall fitness.

Tomorrow I will order my graduate running shirt from Complete Runner.

Still can't believe that I managed 30 minutes running. If only my PE teacher could see me now.

On finishing 2nd last in a 220 yards at school when I asked teacher for my time his answer was "You don't need a stopwatch, You need a calendar." Which I found highly amusing then and still think it funny even now!!

3 Replies

• Well done on the timings - you're doing well

Love the PE Teacher remarks.... mine called me a slug!!!! And yes, if only she could see me now... a C25k graduate!

Keep it up,

• Same here! PE teachers didn't even notice me. I used to hang out with the smokers behind the trees instead of running the entire circuit. If they could see me now indeed hahahah!

• Awwww, my PE teachers were only ever interested in pupils who were good at their particular 'passion' sport! I got on ok with one as I was a competitive swimmer, and another who discovered I could long jump and do hurdles .... But nobody ever did a thing about encouraging running, nor suggest any form of warm-up or regular training. How things have changed ... For the better. As for the t-shirt .... Woooopeeeee ... What a blooming good vintage that was, to be sure!!! :D Where can I get one? I can birthday present myself in October!

Best wishes for your grad run very, very soon ;)

Cheers, Linda x

You may also like...