W6r1 after 2 week break

So, 2 weeks since I finished w5r3 - a week away with students so any time for myself was impossible, and then a week with a bad head cold; the vertigo made walking difficult let alone running ;0)

Anyway, nice morning so I got out there and decided what the heck...give the next run a go and wow...I did it and then some. I ran on through the 5 minute walk so did a 5, 8, then 10 minute run. Saying that I am not looking forward to r3!

As a treat I might buy myself some runnng shorts as I assume long joggers in the summer might be uncomfortable and who knows, my legs might not look too terrible with all this exercise ;0)

I really am amazed at how this programme gets you fitter and help your body maintain fitness even when you stop for a short break.

I hope the weather stays good as running in the rain with glasses is a no go for me but if anyone has any tips on wet weather spectacle maintenance, please pass them on

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! I've done almost the same this morning - repeated W6R1 after 9 days off because of illness, and it went fine.

• I bought myself a baseball-style cap so that the peak could keep the sun (ha,as if that's likely to be a problem) or rain (more likely!) out of my eyes, since I can't go anywhere without my glasses...

You may also like...