COPD Friends
2,372 members790 posts

I have not smoked ANY today! :) I'm proud of me!

As you all know I have been trying so hard to quit. I have not had one today, and it's the beginning of a new future for me. None last night either!! I refuse to give in anymore!

I figured this out...(EUREKA MOMENT). haha!! If I don't have that glass of wine, then I won't want that cigarette. HUH? YEAH? Is that not brilliant? :o

Yeah right. It is not any real big news is it? Drinking and smoking do go together. (laughing at myself). So, for me, I gotta' stop em' both!!! Oh my...what fun!

Just trying to make someone smile a minute or two. Including me. But I am proud of myself. ;)

Hugs to all...

Phyllis

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Now that's something to be proud of! :-)

Hey Phyllis. Keep up that great attitude. I notice you also are on quit support. That's an excellent help and support site to rant and get encouragement. You should notice a huge improvement in your breathing pretty quickly, without smokes. I noticed no more wheezing at night after only 2 days quitting and it has been improvement since then, now going on 5 months. You can do this and reap the benefits. COPD can get stable if you quit early on. Combined that with a little activity/exercise and deep breathing and you will feel better than you can even imagine.

2 likes

YEAAAA!!!! Congrats on your first day as a non-smoker. Darob63 and Schmicter are both right, be very proud of yourself, and you will start to notice a difference within a few days.

1 like

I don't see the ferry glad to hear that Io think that as well I wouldn't go to sleep unless I had cigarettes for the morning when we couldn't smoke at work anymore I didn't think I could do that either when I got sick didn't think I could do that either one day I just woke up and told myself I just couldn't smoke anymore and that was the moment You got this be strong and breathe! I am even getting other family members to quit.

1 like

Sorry about first sentence I think it was the TV lol.

1 like

That's great! You have every right to be proud of yourself.

GReat job Phyllis.Super.☺!

1 like

Phyllis, thx for sharing this good news. It's a proud moment for sure. Awaiting your future posts about how much better you're feeling..body, mind & spirit. Take it slow.....one day at a time. Terri

1 like

Well done Phyllis are you using anything to help?

1 like

Good for you! I only hope that someday soon I have a flash of brilliance like yours.

1 like

Same here.. Drinking a couple beers makes me want one so bad!! Thinking about giving that up for a couple months until I get the smoking under control.

CONGRATS, PHYLLIS!!

1 like

I had to do thst with coffee. I would be perfectly fine and as soon as I got that caffeine amp going, I wanted to smoke.

1 like

Smoking was the hardest thing for me to quit ever in my life but if you want to breathe a little easier or you have to do it

1 like

Smoking was the hardest thing for me to quit ever in my life but if you want to breathe a little easier or you have to do it

1 like

Great! Not smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself. Turn one day into one week, then one week into one month and one month Into a year! You can do it! It's the best thing you can do.

You may also like...