Just had a scope. Didn't get much inf... - Colon Cancer Conn...

Colon Cancer Connected
1,379 members210 posts

Just had a scope. Didn't get much info at all after. Doc wants to meet with me in 1 week for biopsy results. Is this concerning?

Doors
Doors
5 Replies

I don't remember the procedure at all, and when I woke up my doctor wasn't there (I think he had another scope to do after me, didn't want to wait for me to wake up most likely).

Anyway the two nurses were helpful but it seemed like they didn't want to say much beyond telling me my doctor will call me in a week. I asked them what they found twice and they said internal hemorrhoids and a polyp which they're going to biopsy.

The discharge instructions only say two things. One, to eat a clear liquid diet for the rest of the day (fuck, I'm hungry after no food yesterday). It also says my doctor wants to meet with me in one week in his office to discuss biopsy results.

So uh... should I be worried here about the polyp and biopsy?

WOULD they have told me if they found something potentially bad?

5 Replies
oldestnewest
Loz555

Hi there I was supposed to have scope but I was scared so I did not go through with it wish I did cause now fining blood when I go to toilet

Doors
Doors
in reply to Loz555

You should reschedule it and see what’s happening. Really the scope was no big deal. Highly recommend for peace of mind

Loz555
Loz555
in reply to Doors

Thank you for replying I think your right as I have stated bleeding when I go to toilet

Loz555

Yes they would have told you if they found anything when I had my scope they only sedated me

kewl1

When I found I had cancer I knew immedietely. The drugs don't work on me so I have gotten to watch every colonoscopy of my life in living colour (and some pain). I saw the big tumour and he confirmed it was cancer while I was on the table watching. After previous colonoscopies they always told me that they either did or did not find polyps and whether they were or were not the type that can turn into cancer.

You may also like...