CLL Support Association
10,556 members16,391 posts

Good news 4 months post CAR-T therapy

Hi

I got good news today 4 months post CAR-T when I saw Dr. Kipps.

Hgb is over 14 so back to normal. That means the iron that I am taking is working and that my bone marrow is healthy. My ALC (absolute lymphocyte count) was 1.0, and that means are likely no B cells in my peripheral blood which is good news. Probably means that the CAR-T cells are still around patrolling. The rest of the blood count is good. Waiting for the deep testing (flow cytometry) to make sure there is no cancer. If that is negative, then a bone marrow biopsy will be scheduled to see if I am still MRD- (no cancer cells) there too.

Stay strong.

We are all in this together.

Brian

cllsociety.org

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Good news indeed Brian. So very pleased to hear this.

Peggy 😀

5 likes

Fantastic news Brian so pleased to hear it.

Take care and enjoy

Ann

3 likes

Brilliant news - well done

Louise :)

3 likes

Such wonderful news, congratulations Brian!

2 likes

So far so GREAT! Awesome news Doc!

Jeff

2 likes

What wonderful news💃

Pam

1 like

😍💜🍀

3 likes

Brian,

It must feel surreal to be able to say that you’re likely cancer free after so many years of living with, being an advocate for yourself and so many, and battling this disease. I think that I can speak for those of us who have followed your journey, that we are humbled by your sacrifice, in awe of your courage, strength and resilience, and hope that you enjoy a lifetime of good health and happiness.

I hope that one day each and every one of us will someday be able to shout from the rooftops that we, too, are cancer free 🙏

Best,

Fell

12 likes

Great news Brian, I’m hoping that once FDA approved for CLL I too can be a candidate for car T cell therapy.

1 like

Thanks for sharing your journey of strength and courage in a scary CLL jungle. You make each of us stronger with your postings. Sally

3 likes

Great news, Brian. Keep us posted. You inspire us all.

1 like

Thank you for sharing this Brian. Your story is one of tenacity in your fight against this disease. Thank you for being an example for all of us.

BeckyL

2 likes

Great news and thanks for sharing! Your story is so inspiring and we need inspiring stories, which are so motivating.

Many thanks to you and all on this forum who are willing to share!

All the best for continued success!!

D.

1 like

Wow! That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

Wonderful news! As a newcomer to this site, you have given me a gift of hope with your news. Go and celebrate!

This is great news. If you know how to get me into a CAR-T trial I am definitely game for that.

Scott

Someone referenced Ghostbusters in my last post....and I see bkoffman now as Dr. Venkman...sorry

Excellent news! It gives hope to many of us waiting for treatment 😊👍

Brilliant news to hear.

Sue

This news is like standing in the sunshine! Keep it coming!

Good news from you keeps me going and hopeful for the future.

Thrilled for you, and all of your family!

WOW, perfect outcome, well done buddy :)

Congratulations Brian! Awesome results. Gives such hope to all of us.

Stay well,

Nan

Great news Brian. My wife (aggressive follicular lymphoma) is in an NIH 'humanized' CAR-T trial. She was infused on March 2, 2016 and remains in complete remission.

She should do great!

Hello Doc! Are you still taking imbruvica?

Yes, but I may stop if blood and marrow are still MRD negative.

You may also like...