Good afternoon everyone.
I had my Second option regarding MySll diagnosis at Sloan with Dr Mato.
1. Sloan was a great hospital regarding staff.
2. Once I registered, I was immediately taken in for blood work the first 5 min I was there. I was then taken for vital signs
3. I waited maybe 30 min then had the Dreaded bone marrow biopsy... the worst part of the biopsy was the numbing , the injections burned. Now as for the actual biopsy it wasn’t bad at all like others have said on a scale from 1 to 10 it was a 1 or 2.
4. My Dr said yes I have SLL but no treatment is needed. I asked when did he think and understandably he couldn’t give me an exact answer. But he did say it could be a decade decades or you may never need treatment. He did say one thing was to my disadvantage was my age. I asked why , he said if you were 90 we wouldn’t be concerned with close monitoring. But your 46 and it’s in your lymph nodes so we have to monitor by imagining not so much blood because it’s not in your blood. He wants to check on me every 6 months to see how things are going.
5. He did a Fish test and mutation test as well. He also clipped my fingernails to test the cells to compare them with my lymph node and marrow cells to see the cell differences , why I have no idea I guess it a new thing.
In closing he said go out and enjoy your life , he didn’t think this Sll will impact my life . I’m very happy with my meeting today and recommend Sloan to anyone that’s looking for a second or third opinion. Thanks John 😅