We were finally discharged today and very happy to be home.
Here are the details from our consultation with the Dr.:
1) BMT/blood work - very pleased with progress and counts are fantastic
2) liver function - all positive
3) kidney function - all positive
4) GVHD - no signs but may see activity once Mark stops taking CYCLOSPORINE which will be in about 4-6 weeks
5) mental/spiritual - Mark is very anxious and stressed about being home (very natural and only time will help to make him feel safe/secure)
6) Me - thrilled and looking forward to getting us settled
7) viral/bacterial/fungal infections - all clear (he is not on any antibiotics)
8) chest CT (we had one yesterday) - shows positive improvement from last week
We will be back on Friday for our 1st out patient clinic appointment - check blood counts and day to day challenges. The good thing is that clinic will be twice a week for a couple of months and the Team can be pro-active if we see any signs of challenges. This will really help in preventing Mark having to be re-admitted into hospital.
We are both looking forward to hiding away at home for a couple of days with no IV’s, no nurses, no Dr.’s, no isolation and no more hospital food!