Good news to close out the year

Good news to close out the year

More good news as the year draws to a close. I recently received my flow cytometry tests from Dr. Byrd from my last visit to OSU a few weeks ago. My clone of cancerous B cells that had been climbing at a very slow rate for over 3 years, but had tripled in the 90 days in the prior testing done 3 months ago, has now dropped a bit in the last 90 days. This is only the second time in the last three year that the growth of my cancer has taken a break or preferably a brake, and I am sure happy about that. It is the best possible news for the end of the year.

Stay strong.

We are all in this together.

Brian

cllsociety.org

bkoffman.blogspot.com

20 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great news Brian, long may it continue! Marc

• very pleased to read this. :) and good news for the upcoming year!!

• It is great news.I am pleased!

Best wishes,Brian!

• Great news!!!

• Wonderful! Thank you for your dedication to your community. You make a difference.

Happy New Year!

Diana

• Great news Dr. Koffman. Thanks for all you do!

• Glad the brake is "on". Thx for your efforts on our behalf and Happy New Year.

• Great news! Happy New Year to you and yours! X

• Wonderful! This is great news! And don't you just love Dr. Byrd!

• Brilliant news! Here's to more results like this :)

• Happy New Year! Cheers to the "brakes" continuing for 2017 and beyond.!🎉

• Glad to hear that Brian

john

• Great news to finish the year!

Peggy

• Doc,

That news must have been quite a relief. Time for a drink 🍻

Jeff

• Thanks Dr. Brian for your update. I found your blog early on when I was diagnosed with SLL back in 2013, and I read your story from the very first posts thru your stem cell transplant & your successful treatment with ibrutinib. I've been on ibrutinib now for 32 months & my treatment is being directed out of the Lymphoma Dept at MDA. When I wonder, "How much longer will this work?," I look at you and say, "Over 4 years and counting for Brian. I can do the same!"

"Stay strong! We are all in this together."

Lynn

• Glad you are doing well.

• Dear Brian, I am happy for you. I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year.

You do great things for our community. Your replies are always greatly appreciated.

kind regards Emma Fleetwood from England

• Wonderful news Brian! May the force be with you!

• Congratulations Brian. Such wonderful news. You have been a source of knowledge, encouragement and hope for me over the past three years since my diagnosis. I will always be grateful to you. Wishing you good health in 2017 and beyond...

Nan

• Good for you! Happy New Year and thanks for all you do....

You may also like...