CLL Support Association
9,611 members15,080 posts

The worst possible news

As I indicated last week, I'd been phoned 'by the unit' and asked to attend a meeting with my consultant.

Probably the two longest days ensued and I guess you lot deserve to know how bad it was before I drift off into cyberspace forever.

In embarrassment.

Turns out, my middle ear infection had probably caused a white cell acceleration and now the ear infection has sorted itself out and I'm no longer wandering around like a drunk 12 year old version of myself, my cell count has again receded.

I think the last time a Doctor gave me good news was when I was diagnosed with thrush at 17 years old. Until then, I'd convinced myself I'd caught something terminal (from a toilet seat as nothing else was possible) and my willy was about to fall off. I had delayed making an appointment probably about a month too late! I was really in "pass the wire brush" agony.

Got home from the hospital, all the worry left me, and I slept for a solid 20 hours. The white cell count had not, after all, returned to sane levels.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Great post. thanks. be well

2 likes

Good news. Thanks for the followup. Go, and forever be wise regarding doing the followup for your health issues.

2 likes

Imagination and fear can be terrible partners Gwen, glad it was good news, relax and enjoy life!

UK Marc

4 likes

Ha! Just love this! I was scared to read your post but then ended up laughing! I think us cllers have a special kind of humour! Oooh the wire brush ... pain and relief! !!!!

Keep well !

4 likes

So pleased! Worry does strange things, as do ear infections. Please don't be embarrassed - life's really too short!

1 like

Great outcome Gwendog but your title and name fooled me! Couldn't see your picture clearly but it's obvious from your descriptions that you're not a female Gwen!

Fear and anxiety can take us to some very scary places so pleased to hear your fears were allayed and all is well.

Newdawn

2 likes

Thank goodness for that Gwendo

Alls well that ends....

Sheila in oz

1 like

Such a relief to hear your good news after that title! And a good reminder to not tell myself stories of what might lie ahead - because it might not. Just stick to the here and now and stop worrying. Thank you.

1 like

Thanks for all the replies. Sometimes, it's just not time for the worst - bloody relieved as really not looking forward to another 6(ish) series of FCR

Ooh. That frightened me. Glad the news was good news.

You may also like...