It's Paula's husband here. I'd just like to give you an update on Paula.
- A week ago Idelalisib was withdrawn because of worsening rash.
- 2 days later she was admitted to hospital with fever (presumed to be chest infection)
- Once off Idelalisib, her spleen enlarged very quickly. Had increasing abdominal pain.
- Yesterday haemoglobin dropped and scan revealed internal bleeding
- She had urgent surgery and her ruptured spleen was successfully removed
- Today she's sitting up, talking and taking an interest in things. But she's still dehydrated, on drip, morphine and oxygen. She's got a long way to go yet. Her CLL treatment is still suspended.
She really appreciates all the support and friendship you folk have given her. I'd also like to say how grateful I am to you for being there for her.
Please to think of her ... and of the rest of the family. If you're happy to pray, we'd appreciate that, too.
Do feel free to make a comment on this thread, or send her a personal message. She's got a smart phone in hospital with her, and I'm sure she'll pick stuff up. Just don't expect any response. (So no questions to her please).
Thanks again for all your support