Bridge to 10K
8,601 members10,212 posts

Fabulous 450 is Back out on the run!! The adventures are back too! ❤️

Hi Runners

I’m keeping up with the mission and out I went today. I found a new park in town a bit small, but nice. Found a parking spot beside the park and started on the path. Gremlins kind of weighing on my legs, the brutes. 🤨! I have a mental check and nothing is painful. 😉 I just keep going.

Then after a few laps, I decide a change of scenery is needed and run around the outside of the park. Get close to my car and what do I see, tickets on two cars! 😱! As much as I wanted and needed a win today, that’s not going to make it so. So much for the parking lines, there’s double yellows all along too. 🤦🏽‍♀️! So, I decide to save myself a very expensive run indeed and I’m heading home without a ticket! That’s sort of a win too! 😁 Running is such an adventure! 😂

Happy running Runners. ❤️

28 Replies
oldestnewest

Well, now I have to walk back from the park! 🤣

Nice running with you today... must do it again some time.

1 like

Ah so sorry UNM but your inspiration got me out there today! 🤩 And yes...we must do it again. Unfortunate and fortunate that I feel I’ve outgrown little Park at the end of the road. As I’m clearly better off walking! 😂❤️

I only got short runs left this week now... we could benchmark 😂.

1 like

I’m not sure why I’ve liked that comment, but I like that you’re always motivating! 😂😂❤️

Phew! Glad you happened by before you got a ticket and avoided the ticket. It's worth shortening the run to not have to pay that! Always an adventure, isn't it 😂

1 like

I know, it sure is SaskAlliecat! However, it still feels good to be writing about the adventures again! It makes me laugh at myself too! 😂❤️

1 like

Ah Fab450 - I love reading your posts! Well done on avoiding the ticket! I have parked up at Eldene centre before now and used Google Maps to find cycle track routes around East Swindon. Was looking for a 5k for Parkrun within the rules :) So there is also Covingham shops and running around the park behind and down Dorcan way and through Eldene to Shaftsbury Avenue. The Eastern Flyer cycle path is a lovely route too - you could park at Sainsburys and run over the footbridge that soars above that busy roundabout, I think. Lots of options! Would be happy to join you but hip still preventing running - but interestingly I can ride a horse again now (with short stirrups) thanks to running :D

1 like

Ah Equi, I would love to run with you again. 😁 It's great news that your riding again. Proof you're closer to being able to run again too. 🤩

Thank you for some more options. Its good to have more to explore! 😍 I do prefer to run off road. These days even Supermarkets are putting up cameras and limiting parking time now, so just have to be a bit careful of that.

Wishing you continued and speedy recovery. ❤️

1 like

Glad to see you back out there and glad you missed a ticket! 👍😉

1 like

Thanks so much JoJo! 🙌🏽🙌🏽! Short run, but a run and no ticket! 😁❤️

1 like

I think that’s pretty much a win-win Fab, you got a run in and you avoided a ticket therefore getting a free parking space! Well done getting out there again 👍👍👍

1 like

Thank you TailChaser 🤗, I'm still smiling at possibly being close to what could have been a rubbish outcome, but escaping! Yes, I agree....a win, win! ❤️

1 like

The close escapes are the sweetest Fab! You still ran, and even though it was shorter than you’d planned, it was a free run! Bonus. 👊

Good to see you’re still out and about! Yay. 👏👏👏

1 like

😁! Thank you Cheeky! Endless possibilities for reasons to smile!! 😂😂❤️

1 like

Running is basically smiley - even the not such great ones, as you get to smile when they’re over! 👍😀

1 like

Lucky escape! Gremlins AND traffic wardens beaten. Definitely a win win!!

1 like

Oh yes Sybilw!! Both conquered today! Thank you! 😁😁❤️

Well done for spotting those tickets Fab, it could have been a very expensive run 🏃‍♀️ 💷 💰

1 like

Ooh tell me about it Dexy! That would have been extremely expensive, but I have escaped and able to run free another day! Lesson learned! Not there! 😂😂 Thank you!! ❤️

Yikes! Close call!

1 like

Yes!! 😂😂! How fortunate I was seeking a bit more variety. 🤩❤️

A lucky escape even if it shortened your run! 😀

1 like

Oh yes!! 😂 I was getting a bit bored and hey presto....🥴 time to go anyway! But it did make me laugh too. I know you get some headspace by running, but perhaps I need a bit more beforehand. 😉❤️

1 like

That would have been an expensive run!! We need to drive for most runs to avoid roads. The Common where parkrun is, is only 5 mins away but long runs on there are dull! I've got to 8k on there.... Thank goodness for music ha ha. Well done for your run!

1 like

Thanks Ang!! Yes, the common is a little lacking in scenery. 😁 8k is a brilliant achievement to run anywhere, but on the common....🤩 its more than fantastic. 😉! I love running with music too. It’s amazing how the music affects the pace too. As long as I keep going out, I’ll be a very happy lady! ❤️

Ooh, close call there Fab, top marks for observation!🤓 And nifty footwork too 😊

1 like

😂! Thank you!! Yes the footwork got extra nifty after I saw that ticket. 😉 Back out tomorrow for my next ‘careful’ adventure.❤️

1 like

I love reading about your adventures. You bring everything to life.

Great to see that you are back out there again 👏👏

1 like

You may also like...