Bridge to 10K
8,169 members9,859 posts

Sunny Day of fabulous firsts

A beautiful morning of many firsts for me. Meeting everyone for the first time was as lovely as I’d hoped it would be and more and the kittens are just lovely lads. I have seen UTS’s hat in the flesh. I got my first running badge thanks to Runningroni 😀. I ran in my first parkrun with my VRB family and hundreds of others. I now know I can dodge prams whilst running. Daschounds can run faster than me. I have sunglasses envy thanks to Cheeky. I run faster when I think I have been left behind 😂.

So looking forward to the VRB meet up again. Such am amazing morning to meet such lovely people.

Glowed all the way home 😀😀😀😀

36 Replies
oldestnewest

It was lovely to meet you Wimborne, and I’m so glad you enjoyed your first parkrun! You’re a gazelle - no way you’ll ever be left behind when I’m around!

Wasn’t it fun? I’m still glowing too! ❤️😀🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️☀️

2 likes

I am sunglasses shopping already 😂

1 like

No way! Which ones? 😎

1 like

As yours looked so swish I think I am going to go with yours. 😎

1 like

Virtually twins! 👊

They are really comfy. Hope you like them. 😎

1 like

That’s a lot of firsts in one day. I am so glad you got such a buzz out of parkrun. Definitely my fave run of the week and Southampton Common felt much tougher when we ran there earlier in the week, albeit in a different direction.

We will be in touch when heading for Dorset.

3 likes

Looking forward to it. 😀

Tell me too! 👍🏻

1 like

Ah ha, do you live in Dorset too?

Yep. 😊. North Dorset.

1 like

👍

1 like

Oooo, count me in! 😀

1 like

Will do WWL 👍

1 like

What a fantastic first Parkrun Wimborne! Sounds like a grand run out!

Well done to you all! 😊xxx

1 like

Thank you BBR. 😀

1 like

Wonderful! 😊

1 like

Congratulations on your first Parkrun. Well done. Love the photo

Damien

2 likes

Thank you D. May try another one at some stage. 😀

Sounds like it was quite a get-together wimborne! Maybe one day I'll get to join in too, I'm so glad you had fun 😊

3 likes

Oh wouldn’t that just be great. I am sure we could find somewhere in the middle of us all. 😊.

1 like

I love the running faster when you think you will be left behind! Might need to find someone to run with to see if it works for me!!

2 likes

No way were you being left behind 😂 So glad you’re a parkrun convert and it was so lovely meeting you. I’m still buzzing. Have absolutely got to do it again. Not been to Dorset for years so looks like the van is coming south again 😃😃😃😃

4 likes

Yay!!!!! Would be fabulous to see you again. 😀

2 likes

Sounds brilliant! And what a lovely, happy photo 😃😃 😎

2 likes

Not surprised you need sunglasses given that picture! Glad you all had a great time 😀

2 likes

I am so, so envious.. I know it was fabulous when I met forum folk... it sounds to have been a great run and a lovely day too ... simply perfect!xxx

2 likes

It is rather special isn’t it. I’m Still glowing. 😀

Sunday morning after breakfast here 🇳🇿 is my favourite time to go on this forum and read all your parkrun reports especially when VBR’s get together. You all look fab. 👍

1 like

Ah it’s bedtime for me. Have a lovely Sunday Lexi. Hope you are well. 😀

2 likes

Really good thanks Wimborne, just about to get dressed and go for a run, breakfast settled, sun shining and temperature has soared to 11 degrees! Sleep well.

2 likes

Happy running Lexi. 😀

1 like

😊 Sounds wonderful

Enjoy rest of the weekend

Was that a 5k PB for you Wimborne?

1 like

I have just checked website and get me .... I run faster than I think I can. I am not very good at timing myself and often forget to switch app on. I go by the kitchen clock normally 😂. And must say. Trundling along on my own I am sure I am a lot slower. I blame the hills and am probably knackered too by the time I get out at night 😂

It’s also the parkrun affect. I think it’s really funny that you thought we were ahead of you while we were watching you head off into the distance

1 like

Next time I am giving you all neon caps to wear so I won’t loose you 😀

1 like

You may also like...