Boom ๐Ÿ’ฅ itโ€™s Week 3 of 10 is the Magic Numbe... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

14,550 members โ€ข 19,570 posts

Boom ๐Ÿ’ฅ itโ€™s Week 3 of 10 is the Magic Number...

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10
โ€ข40 Replies

Hello everybody, itโ€™s Ju-Ju here and Iโ€™m back from my holiday.... and what fun it was too.. lots of trail running fit for a panther ๐Ÿ˜บ

Here we are at the start of the third week of the 10 is the Magic Number 10K plan!!! I hope you are all enjoying it so far ?

So... this weeks runs are:

As the distance is notching up think about to approach this mentally. I chunk up my runs into sections, and that helps me just focus on the next milestone, when it feels hard, take in more breath and shorten your steps ( this is a tip I got from Silky Steve and it really works).

Also in my mind this week has been something my spinning teacher Rob shouts at us,โ€if you do what youโ€™ve always done, then you will get what youโ€™ve always got,โ€. This isnโ€™t so true, so taking ourselves out of our comfort zone just for a bit on each run will pay dividends.

Sorry this weeks vid is so short, some Spanish girl appeared from the bushes!!!

youtu.be/nqFDd1FL-tA

Have a great week everyone and Happy Panthering

Juju

Xxx

40 Replies
โ€ข
roseabi
roseabiAdministrator

Cheeky Spanish girl!! ๐Ÿ˜…

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to roseabi

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

lollytwist
lollytwistGraduate10

Hi all, I had a great 2nd week, utterly amazed that I managed 6k on Sunday! Looking forward to attempting 7k, and I think for the first time ever I have the right mental approach! Enjoy your week x ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator in reply to lollytwist

Very well done you!

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to lollytwist

fantastic, well done!

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10

I started a bit late so Iโ€™ve just finished week 1. Happy running everyone.

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Dexy5

You are just there behind me... xxx

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to Dexy5

Good stuff!

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Week 2..Run 3 done today... great stuff.. slow, steady and super... this plan really does work!!! xx Thanks Jux

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10 in reply to Oldfloss

๐ŸŒ๐Ÿข

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10 in reply to Oldfloss

Great work Floss...back in the swing and clocking up the kms! ๐Ÿ˜Šxxx

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Bluebirdrunner

Thanks you xxxx

Mummycav
MummycavModerator in reply to Oldfloss

Iโ€™m STILL plodding!!! ๐Ÿ™„

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Mummycav

Plodding works... I am a plodding snail :) Welcome home you :) xxx

Mummycav
MummycavModerator in reply to Oldfloss

I like a good plod!! Thankyou Oldfloss , nice to be away but nicer to be home ๐Ÿ˜Š...got to get these kids kitted out and back to school & im back on it...might even try for a plod this evening..xx

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to Mummycav

Plodding is fab :)

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to Bluebirdrunner

Thats great news well done.

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to Oldfloss

Yay, its so great to see you at it... on it like sonic!

Saartjie
SaartjieGraduate10

Done week 5 but ran for 9k on the long run. Plan to repeat that this week. Loving the plan and exploring the local area with longer runs. Suddenly places I thought were far away just aren't!

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to Saartjie

Thats such a great feeling isnt it....

Saartjie
SaartjieGraduate10 in reply to ju-ju-

It really is ๐Ÿ˜Š

mountaindreamer
mountaindreamerGraduate10

Welcome back, Juju! Glad you had a great holiday! ๐Ÿ˜ƒโค๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

I graduated on Monday, using the โ€œno repeatsโ€ 6 week plan version. Thank you for all your help. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Žโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10 in reply to mountaindreamer

I hope you are feeling better today mountaindreamer

mountaindreamer
mountaindreamerGraduate10 in reply to Dexy5

Thanks Eileen - spine restored to fully operational following Thursdayโ€™s trip to Sports Therapist! So Parkrun happily did happen for me today! ๐Ÿ˜ƒโค๏ธ

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10 in reply to mountaindreamer

Hooray, Iโ€™m so pleased for you.

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to mountaindreamer

Yay well done you!!

mountaindreamer
mountaindreamerGraduate10 in reply to ju-ju-

Thanks ju-ju- , and thanks for providing the magic 10 plan! ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

paulanoo
paulanooGraduate10

Welcome back ju-ju. I did a bare foot 9km on the beach and enjoyed running with waves washing my feet. Tops of my feet are a bit achey so Iโ€™m going to take a few days rest and then do a 5km 4km and hopefully a 9.5 km or maybe a 9km again. Iโ€™m trundling along on the hard shoulder. ๐Ÿšš

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to paulanoo

wow how perfect is that, well done

Oh no, what happened? Was expecting some Catalan chatter in the background that I could translate for you ๐Ÿ˜‚

Behind schedule here having just done W2R3. Ticking off the days on your hand-crafted schedule which is pinned up in the kitchen. Beautiful morning here, very Septemberish.

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to Rossinyol

brilliant, well done... This Spanish lady suddenly appeared and i felt a bit silly !!!!

UpTheStanley
UpTheStanleyGraduate10

Having now (more or less successfully :-( ) completed W5 running through my niggly calf strain, I think, following today's uncomfortable Parkrun :-( , I may give it more of a rest for a few days and use up another of my weeks in hand.

Does Dexy5 have to send in a sick note for me?

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to UpTheStanley

Good plan, no sick note required as this plan has FLEX!!! I do hope it improves very soon...

UpTheStanley
UpTheStanleyGraduate10 in reply to ju-ju-

As you will doubtless see at some point, my plan to be sensible got binned โ€ฆ...

Kizzy52
Kizzy52Graduate10

Did an 8k this week, so week 4 successful. Joining a running club tomorrow...exciting!

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to Kizzy52

well done that sounds great

jimmers
jimmersGraduate10

I used the smaller step tip to get through week 2โ€™s 6k this morning!

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to jimmers

So glad that was useful. I find it really does work...

I seem to have done another interim week - I was getting a bit hung up on trying to follow the plan and if I didn't have time for a run I was a bit floopy (like Phoebe in Friends) about what to do. Then I realised I was forgetting to just run, for myself.

So last week I just did 5K, 4K, and another 5K - and then this morning got out for about 45-50 minutes (7ish K) and arrived back in time to hang up my laundry.

I am also under a lot of pressure at work at the moment so it's hard to prioritise (I am swimming too, at the moment, as the pool is at work and it means I get a shower anyway and some much needed whole body exercise). So I will run when I can and not stress. Like Mummycav, i will keep on plodding - technically I've ticked off all but the 10K!

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Graduate10 in reply to icklegui

That sounds like a very sensible plan, all good in my book, well done! And floopy??? Thats hilarious!!

You may also like...