Bridge to 10K
5,407 members5,942 posts

The long and winding road

Just brief update on my progress to date ... tomorrow will be my 3rd week of 8.5K long run ... with a 5k and a shorter interval run as well ..

All going to plan so far ... I get out early usually 6 to 6.30 am while it's still cool ish .. the plan is do 8.5 again tomorrow .. which I expect to now do comfortably .. mind set is long slow run .. think I am getting the hang of that at last !!

Next week will cut back and do a shorter run to consolidate before then going for 10K+ a bit .. still keeping the 5K and intervals run. Working harder on those to.improve pace .. fingers crossed ..

For some reason my mind is saying go for a half . There is a local in October so plenty of time if I do.. would probably need a more structured plan for that .. still time to think about it .. see how the longer runs progress

I know it's hot out there but isn't it wonderful to be able to enjoy the outside at what ever time of day you run..

Happy days in deed . 😊😊

7 Replies
oldestnewest

You're on a roll Rob! It's like you never had a break 🙂

1 like

Thanks Irishprincess you are right it doesn't seem like it now 😊 maybe a little older and a very small bit wiser ( open to discussion) 😂

1 like

Well done Rob, you have a grand plan under way there!

Wiser is good...... it will get you to your goal!

1 like

Thanks Millsie-J 😊

Really good to hear Rob. Especially the bit about 10k "+" you can do it! I'm still consolidating my 3ks. Hoping to up the distance next week though :)

1 like

Thanks Ruth_canal_runner .. well done you too .. progress is progress no matter the distance .. you can do it 😊

10K + ... still hard to believe I can run those sort of distances .. what ever happened to 5K will be enough 😂

1 like

Yes 5k will be enough but 6k feels great, then before you know it... right now I am excited about getting back to 5k though :)

1 like

You may also like...